Friday, October 24, 2008

I is looking fer work!

When I went to go to the link that I was was told, I wondered what it would be about. When I got done reading it, I can firmly agree that the old 2D stuff can get the job done easily. I think that Second Life at this point is a 3d version of multiple 2d items which a business probably wouldn't use. Second Life now seems like it wants to be able to work out as a program for Business and presentations.
But I digress, the topic's question, "Is there an untapped market for "Immersive Workspaces" in Second Life?". I would imagine it's not possible to find anything that someone or some business hasn't covered in Second life. Hippotech has so much software available for shops and such. There maybe a person can help learn how to make prims be some items that people would like. But otherwise I can't think of a job that would be open without any competetion, just as the author stated, even Linden Labs is having a hard time attempting to find something that someone else within their world has already taken.
All in all I would believe that Second Life missed the boat for being able to conquer it's work area and at least involve a feature or addon to make it more business friendly. By Business friendly, Something that doesn''t require alot of power to work, nor alot of special effects so that the business people would be distracted nor require a good pc to work.

No comments: