Monday, August 25, 2008

Virtual Worlds - Spore and the Spore Creature Creator

My friend Dewy told me about this game called Spore, where you could create your own creature any way you wanted and interact with other creatures in the different worlds.  I decided to try it and see what it was about.  Here is what I found out:

There is a free version of the creature creator but its only a trial version.  The full version of the creature creator has hundreds more ways to customize your creature, allowing for an almost infinite number of combinations.  Even though I only had the trial version, I found that I could keep myself entertained for hours making goofy creatures.  I decided to read more about the game.  I found out that in the game, although there are no "quests" or "missions" to do, but rather to interact with other elements in the game.  In spore, you start out on the cellular level, end evolve into more advanced and sophisticated beings by choosing appendages and additions onto your creature .  After you are fully satisfied with your creature, you can start to colonize the continent you're on, and eventually, the whole world.  After you have "taken over the world," you can start to venture out into your solar system, and even into other galaxies.  If you like the sound of this game, check out the video below, or go to this link to learn more.




No comments: