Monday, September 22, 2008

The Big WoW or the small Acclaim games

BEFORE I START COMPARING THESE: THIS IS NOT A "WoW is better than anything" post
This is a comparison of a widely populated server versus a smaller populated game/server.
For example, a lot of you know about WoW... I should say all of you actually, but I know something like Maplestory or one of Acclaim's games are less known than WoW. We'll say your a typical MMO player and have no clue about any MMO other than WoW. I play in a cworded server, no matter where I go there are people,and I myself am not a social soul online. So I must deal with gankers, Kill stealers and other idiots online. I would just have to suck it up or get on out of my schedule to be alone.
Now, think about a less populated game, such as Maplestory ( I know it has a lot of people to and not the best choice but it still doesn't have as many people as WoW does.) I get to choose between seven servers versus WoW's 20-30 something servers, but there are less people and since Maplestory isn't big main steam here, it doesn't attract the morons and fools you would be forced to play with on a big population server. There are enough people that you can meet and interact with others but you can't get too picky, and yet, someone who you can befriend and have fun with online.
The economy is another thing that is directly affected by this in more ways than one. If it's a big game, farmers will go to the trouble of gathering money/items of value to overflow and overthrow the market so that you have to pay through the nose to get what you want. Also, more people=more competition and more selling audience. So, it's a double-edged sword, low cheap economy or high priced awesome items. I personally, would love the former of the two, so that required or necessary items are easy to get to advance but the pretty items that most of the class values are very high priced or not even there. If you follow my posts (if your reading this, you better, or your just a fool all together for only looking at a page in a book) you'd know I'm a bit of a treasure hunter and I search out for valuable items rather than having them delivered to me on a silver platter.

No comments: