Monday, September 22, 2008

second life video

Well watching the second life video was pretty interesting. I was interested by the atomic system that they talked about.  using the cubes they created the whole world of second life. that since they couldn't make atoms they made digital atoms. they were mainly talking about how it would become physical due to the physic's engine. then they used a scripting language to it so anyone can use it. I found it very interesting because I could never do anything like that. But the techniques that he showed us I find are fascinating.  they made the clouds out of a fluid system. the whole second life uses 1 million mega volts. Its interesting but very complex. I liked how they made it like a lego land. where they lay down the land and then let everyone else create everything in the land. 
   I really  like how they made second life sort of like the real world. And not so much like world of warcraft. I think that they did make a good choice about making the world like that. Because It really allows for interactivity between players and it allows for more friends. I must say though It was funny to see how the former C.E.O of second life had to say about his the game that he had helped to create.

No comments: