Saturday, September 6, 2008

Game violence

In almost every great game there is going to be some violence which is why they are great. But I don't think that it really matters how much violence is in that game. Some have argued that violent games makes people who play those games more violent while others have argued that game violence doesn't make anyone more violent any more than watching TV. I agree that violent games can have an effect on some people but on the majority they cannot. I have played violent games for years and years and years and I am still not a violent person. I have killed tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people in games and it hasn't changed me at all, except I have gotten better at killing people in games. But games that have such strong violence have a higher rating so that younger people cannot get those games. Now there are kids who can get any game they want just by asking for it from their parents. But not every parent will just buy whatever their kid(s) want, especially if the game has a mature rating because it has explicit content. But I am not an expert it is only my opinion and everyone can have their own opinion.

No comments: