Monday, October 13, 2008

True obsession?

   I know people have said something about this subject before but they were just defending themselves that they weren't obsessed even though it seems to be all they do all day.  Should we have a WoW version of AA for people who can't stop playing long enough to have a normal interaction? Should they just be left alone so that when they want to interact with someone in real life, they try to put their hand over someone and try to right click them? I can see playing the game for a few hours then go off and play a different game or at least take a break and be somewhat a living object. I've taken note of some people who choose to spend their class time not doing class work (no surprise) and just play WoW the whole time and act disappointed because they have to pack up and leave the game for about fifteen minutes before they can become lifeless again. I understand some of the feeling, I played WoW casually for three years and as an elite for one year, but I never got to the point that I didn't want to do anything but play it.
   But I can't give all the credit just to the WoW crack addicts. Some people bring Game boys, Nintendo DS, PSP and their laptops to play and not pay attention in class, just so that they can get the gaming fix. I may be totally wrong, but that seems to be for all the slackers I've noticed in my classes and I think that's the biggest reason, that or because they are so bored and care so little about classes,grades, and assignments that they would rather play a game and ignore the professor rather than putting the game away for an hour and try to get a good grade. Also I don't care if you select few notice enough and just to attack me, I won't be watching so you can cry if you want...
  

No comments: