Saturday, September 20, 2008

C G L

CGL. College Gaming League. World of Warcraft 3v3 tournament. There is a tournament on the horizon, everyone is warming up for it as i type. This tournament uses its own server, complete with unique vendors that sell season two gear and tier five gear as well, as well as all the enchants and gems that you can fit into your bags. To gain access to this tournament, you must verify that you are in fact a college student. After that, the tournament directors give you a choice of either alliance or horde. I myself chose alliance, because alliance pwn in arena. At the character selection screen, you have a level 70 character of every class in full season two. I decided to stick with what i know, so i selected the human rogue. As soon as i logged in, i realized that none of my gear was gemmed or enchanted. I also wasn't specced at all either. I went to go buy gems and enchants, which cost about 2 gold per gem/enchant. It doesnt matter how much things cost, cause you have 5k gold to begin with and you can replenish your gold supply at any time. After gemming and enchanting and speccing, i was ready to fight. A few of my friends hopped on and we played some practice matches. I have no chance of even placing in this tournament, but it would be nice to get the top prize, an alienware area-51 m15x laptop, one for each team member. For those who don't know, thats about a 4k laptop. Its pretty fancy. As i said before, i have no hope in getting a prize, but it is just good fun playing around with different classes and specs.

No comments: