Sunday, October 5, 2008

Burning Life

A tribute to the ideas of Burning Man for the free expression of art that is based around a central theme. Both the Burning Life and Burning Man events cover a vast area be it land or server and a maze of activity and ordered chaos. While I have never been to Burning Man, and am unlikely ever to, I have been to Burning Life. I did not spend a lot of time exploring Burning Life, but I still managed to see a wide assortment of things to see, and it is a confusing mass of places to go and things to see. There are so many places and people crammed into a small area that it is a laggy place to be. I have seen places that depicted ideas such as dominatrices and legalize marijuana. Or cannons that will shoot you across the burning life event and statues of what could be Burning Men or Women. As well as several, dozen other odd ball objects in random places that would take too long to mention. Over all, it was an experience, I would not say exciting, but more of how creative people can be and how open second life can be to ideas without being overly restricted.

No comments: