Sunday, September 7, 2008

Second life

Dear God...Where to begin!?

I dont know what to think about second life. It always has been very difficult for me to get into MMORPGs. I never liked WoW, couldnt get into Oblivion, thought morrowind was too complex, and so basically gave up on the massively multiplayer universe. But second life is a whole different story. There are no silly quests to complete, and really, no point to the game, other than maybe to create another line of communication between people.

I thought it was extremely difficult to customize my character. The hair! What the heck!? I ended up doing a random style and tweaking it to fit my needs. But still, i think it would be more worthwhile to make a more user friendly avatar customization method.

Also, after exploring for a while, I realized that a lot of people on SL are extremely weird. I communicated with a few people and all they seemed interested about was where I am from, how old I am, what sex I am, and other personal questions. I dont know if im cool with that stuff.

No comments: